Sunday, March 26, 2006

Bonn - Frankfurt - Madrid - Alcalá de Henares (and way back)

The last 3 days I have been in Madrid where I spend some days with friends. The above mentioned cities describe the tour Sandra did since she joined from Bonn:
"Respekt, mein lieber Herr Gesangsverein!".

Highlight this time was an excursion to Alcalá de Henares, the hometown of Miguel de Cervantes (author of Don Quixote) where we spend some nice hours enjoing the sun and the city.

In Madrid itself we had the opportunity to join see a demonstration against the positioning of parking meters, which was a little bit suprising since I had not seen a big demonstration for years. First it seemed even strange to see such a big crowd on the street for such an issue but it´s maybe a difference in how political issues are connected to everyday life or just perceived as abstract or non-alterable.
Visiting Madrid has this time again been a pleasent trip which I can recommend to everyone.

Puhh...I can´t remember when I have been offline 3 days in a row the last 10 years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can imagine how different it must have been... then again pleasant.
armand.padron@gmail.com

Thanks for dropping by

Armando