Sunday, November 26, 2006

Reading too much.

On my journey through interesting books and those already in my appartment which want to be read I came across and interesting author some time ago, Heinrich Popitz, whose books unfortunately seem to be available only in german (librarything list expanded). He was an sociologist publishing on phenomena of society. I don´t have much knowledge in this area so there are no links to other blogs. His texts are very compact and also a pleasure to read from the way he uses language.

Blogentries which called my atention this weekend:
Spirale des Todes (german only).
The world worst disease.
Both focus on the dilemma of zero sum thinking and their misrepresentation of reality.

This saturday Christmas shopping has begun (to avoid any surprise on my side on the 24th of december about still missing presents)
Best phrase heart on Saturday:
"Ich habe einen Job für dich; du gehst jetzt in den O2 Shop und nervst dort die Leute." (nerven = annoy)

No comments: