Sunday, March 18, 2007

On Content

"No, I don´t want you to make a photo right now." she told me after the dinner in a restaurant I usually would recommend visiting due to it´s nice atmosphere, the food and the very friendly employees.

Which made me think on how blogs may be like restaurants in the way that what is presented is as important as how. Which leads to the question what could be added to the already so vastly amount of statements/conversations going on.

When browsing today I surfed through this one which lead to this one with a presentation on the topic and also I found this all having a connection to here again in a wider context.

So it could be e.g. a list of links, adding content to the conversation or a personal statement.
Finally it´s the sites content which makes it interesting to the readers who puts in their time and interest to read it and come back. And also that the content presented is said in a way that is acceptable to the readers even when no consesus is reached, which enriches the conversation by providing different point of views.

Nothing new; but why do so many write? Just to write or also to be read?
And why do we like to have conversations? Just to talk or to technically exchange information?

A major part what makes human communication remarkable is obviously in the non technical part which is expected to be meaningful for the participants. So for my part I have choosen this essay like approach and not a conversational one which gives me more freedom in form and content than a theme oriented one.

No comments: